Bleak House was built in 1874 by Colin Inkster a long time resident of the area. One hundred years later the house and property were donated to the City of Winnipeg by his daughter Sibyl Inkster “for the quiet enjoyment of the people”.
Bleak House Centre continues to operate as a non-profit charity organization hosting a variety of activities for adults and seniors. It is a great home away from home for old friends and new friends alike who come together in a small group setting.
Food Programs (congregate meals, special lunches, etc.)